Lawyer | Notary | Partner
Languages: German, English
Patrik Odermatt specialices in securing and enforcing creditor's interests. He advises and represents companies, entrepreneurs and authorities in Switzerland and abroad in contract, commercial and procedural law. He is regularly consulted as an expert on debt enforcement and bankruptcy issues.
Patrik Odermatt has a long-standing track record of innovative and complex top transactions/cases for prestigious clients.
Clients appreciate the economic business sense, his customer and solution orientation, the ability to react quickly and dossier, the strong negotiation skills as well as the holistic way of thinking and his pragmatism.
Patrik Odermatt graduated from the University of St. Gallen in 2005. He then worked in Berlin for Professor von Pufendorf, at the Cantonal Court of Zug and as a trainee lawyer and notary at Bär & Karrer in Zug and Zurich. In 2008, Patrik Odermatt was admitted to the Zug bar and authorized to practice as a lawyer in the canton of Zug.
Patrik Odermatt publishes regularly in specialist journals and teaches prospective lawyers at various universities and institutions.
- Bankruptcy law
- Contract and corporate law
- Liability Law
- Criminal Law
- Restructuring, reorganization, liquidation
- Succession planning and estate planning
- Notary's office, drafting of contracts
- Plant construction and disposal systems: drafting of contracts and legal enforcement in Switzerland and abroad; Group structuring and corporate housekeeping
- Bank: Permanent representative before all Swiss courts for the enforcement of claims.
- Construction group: Advising and representing the owners on sale of shares.
- Procurement: Advice on submissions and the tendering process
- Family Businesses: Structuring and representation in civil, criminal and administrative litigation to secure and develop the ownership structure for a wide variety of families, including several families of the 300 richest Swiss and wealthy families from Europe and North/Central America, Asia and the Caribbean, the Arabian Peninsula and the Levant.
- Airline: Enforcement of claims in international damages litigation.
- Receivables management: Editing contracts for the purchase and management of various receivables portfolios in the three-digit million range.
- Global NGO headquartered in Switzerland: drafting contracts and permanent law enforcement.
- Real Estate: Ongoing advice in connection with the raising of loans and the management of loan assets of several PropCos.
- Real estate group: purchase and sale of land, objects and projects.
- International schools: permanent legal representative for contract drafting and litigation, compliance, structuring, corporate housekeeping
- Investor consortium: Advising on the acquisition of strategic minority and majority stakes with purchase and exit options
- Cable network operators: Enforcement of claims throughout Switzerland.
- Truck equipment suppliers: Advice and representation oncontract and group design, defense of rights and enforcement of claims; contract drafting and representation in strategic acquisitions
- Fashion company: Advising and representing a leading European omnichannel multi-brand fashion retailer with over 13'000 employees; Contractual and corporate structuring as well as settlement: corporate housekeeping
- Private Equity: Advice on the acquisition and merger of companies.
- Commodity Traders: Representation in various multinational arbitration proceedings, drafting of contracts and enforcement of claims; corporate housekeeping.
- Software group: Advising and representing the seller to a large IT group.
- Solar company: Enforcement of claims based on a cross-border framework agreement in a collocation procedure against the bankruptcy estate of the customer for CHF 630 million.
- Hospitals: Enforcement of claims with partly sensitive data in Switzerland and abroad.
- Subsidiaries of foreign corporations: drafting of contracts, corporate housekeeping, representation in court
- Since 2021: Patented administrator, patent holder in the register of administrators of the Canton of Lucerne
- Since 2011: Lawyer & notary at Kaiser Odermatt & Partner AG
- 2009-2011: Lawyer & notary at Bär & Karrer AG
- 2008: Notary public of the Canton of Zug
- 2007: Auditor at the Cantonal Court of Zug
- 2006-2007: Trainee Lawyer at Bär & Karrer AG
- 2005: Master of Law (MLaw), University of St. Gallen
- 2004: Trainee Lawyer at Pufendorf law firm
- 2004: Bachelor of Law (BLaw), University of St. Gallen
- 2001: Matura (focus: business & law), Institute Montana Zugerberg
- Various board of directors mandates
- President Montana Club Zugerberg, Zug
- Examination expert Lawbility (notarization law)
- Lecturer Lawbility (civil procedure, debt enforcement and bankruptcy law)
- BGE leading decision regarding no interpretation "pro debitore"
- BGE leading decision regarding no specification of security
- Swiss Bar Association
- Registered in the Attorney Register of the Canton of Zug
- Lawyers' Association of the Canton of Zug
- JAAZ – Young Lawyers Central Switzerland
- JusClub Zug, member
- Controversial issue of party compensation, the criterion of necessity for professional representation to determine party compensation (AJP 7/2018, pp. 979-989)
- Shell trade from a civil, criminal and notarization law perspective - inventory and legal reform (Reprax: Journal for commercial register practice, 2021 (3. 207-238. ISSN 1424-3628)
- Insolvency, loss of capital and over-indebtedness in the revised company law - An overview of Art. 725 et seq. of the revised company law of June 19, 2020 (Zuger Steuer Praxis, 2021 (77). 19-30)